4 Ways To Love Your Mondays
Monday morning, still sleepy, still grouchy, still weekend lagged... & the last thing on your mind is going to work...You would rather be at a party, lounging by a pool, sunbathing on the beach,,, or just boring ole laying in bed. Like Me..Well... how do you intend to pay your bills? With grains of sand? How are you gonna afford that upcoming luxurious trip (unless you won the lottery) which we all know is the hardest thing to do on the planet.... (insert side eye.. I swear that thing is just.... ).. Here are some tips to alleviating the famous Monday Blues.
"WAKE UP TO GRATITUDE"
When you wake up on a Monday morning ( or any day for that matter), say a thankful little prayer, journal out your praise. Appreciate all that you have, your warm bed, your amazing cup of coffee, or tea (for the tea lovers), & your ability to work, breathe, speak...everything. Gratitude is the first steps to creating and attracting more abundance into your life including an abundant day of love, peace, and flow ahead. Be grateful. .
"ORGANIZE & DECORATE"
On a Friday afternoon, Yes yes. We all wanna rush out the door like it's summer break from school.. BUT If you leave your office without preparing for the upcoming week.. the probability of you wasting time & feeling drained from al the clutter on a Monday morning is HIGH and to put it quite frankly, a welcoming office space is a perfect start to having a great week. This is practically your home for the next 8 hours or technically half our lives..& preparing beforehand will increase focus and time management.
- Clean up your desk
- Prepare your things to do list for the new week; and if there was something you missed from the last week.. PUT IT AT TOP!!! HIGH Priority..
- Add a Pretty Calendar
- Add some inspiring quotes
- Add some beautiful flowers. (If you can afford it.. and if you can't break off a few branches from the roadside or from a neighbours garden as I love doing sometimes and primp them up.
- Add a scented candle."but leave unlit". Cheat tip- if you want the scent to diffuse, take a push pin and punch in some hole in the top and around the candle. Remember to keep the decor minimal
"DRESS THE PART"
I don't know about you, but when I dress bla.. I feel bla.. I try to have an idea of what I want to wear for the week. Sometimes I don't pre-iron.. but pre-planning my attire for the week makes getting ready easier & so much more fun.Being mindful of your attire can add a whole lot of enthusiasm to your day ESPECIALY on a Monday mornign as we're getting out of the casually relaxed mode. Here are some tips..
- Make an extra effort to lay out your outfits for Monday-Thursday. I like to think of Fridays as dress up day and I ususally follow mood that leads...
- You can also pre-prep your lunches on the weekend or rise early to do so as you also want to be mindful of what you ingest.
- Have fun with it. Every morning while getting dressed, I put on a selected playlist and just let loose.
- Here's one of my favourite playlists "Majectic Casual"
Being tense at the office won't make being there any easier. especially if you do not want to be there. Relax, smile, sing, play some light music. Besides the weekend is around the corner if you'd love to be optimistic about it, and you can go back to skipping rocks very soon...& if you need more inspiration to get rid of the Monday Blues.. check out my "How to Be Inspired Post"
So tell me love, how do you infuse enthusiasm into your Mondays? Share with us.